ArtED Fall 2017: Animation Bootcamp
After Effects: Motion Graphics
October 11th - November 15th | 4PM - 6PM
Instructor: Allyssa Lewis, My Animation Life
WonderRoot’s no-cost creative skill-building program provides students with the opportunity to engage with a
wide variety of artistic mediums, learn directly from professional artists,
build community, and develop a voice on and off campus. Serving as a supplement
to the Atlanta Public Schools high school fine arts curriculum, a broad range of one-time and
ongoing workshops and courses are offered to students in both fall and spring
semesters. Workshops and courses offered through this program are free for APS students and no previous experience or equipment is necessary unless specified.
What You Will Learn
How Class Works
Bring your laptop with Adobe After Effects and Photoshop already installed on it, or use one of the computers provided by WonderRoot.
Class begins on the dot, so arrive earlier to get settled.
At the end of each class a take-home assignment will be given to strengthen your knowledge of what was learned that week.
You have the option to join a private online community for this class to show progress updates, have questions answered, and stay connected with fellow classmates.
ArtED Fall 2017: Animation Bootcamp Schedule
Week 1: Orientation & Interviews
- Take a tour of After Effects, explore its tools, learn the 12 Principles of Animation and the animation production pipeline. Initial interviews will be done to assess where you are in your After Effects animation education.
Week 2: Introduction to Animation
- Find out how Photoshop and After Effects harmonize to build animated works, learn basic compositing, and file organization.
Week 3: Pins & Spins
- Learn how to move objects on the screen using key frames, puppet pins, and the graph editor.
Week 4: Loco-Motion
- This workday, explore all the tools and principles that have been taught, and utilize the special effects you have found online.
Week 5: Audio & Exporting
- Learn how sound can enhance your animation, basic sound editing, and how to export completed projects.
Week 6: Final Touches & Interviews
- Roll the credits! Learn quick techniques to add a little sparkle to your projects. Final interviews will be done to assess how much you have grown in your After Effects animation education.
workshops will take place at the WonderRoot Community Arts Center from 4pm-6pm.
*Students must submit a release form stating that any or all of the
material photographed may be used, in any form, as part of any future
publications, social media, website and video content used to promote
For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access the photo release form by clicking here.
*Please attach these to your application